Otters 2016-17

Otters Class Blog – 3.2.17

Following of from last week’s retelling of Jack and the Beanstalk, we have been planning to write our own version.  Chester said “I enjoyed writing my story S, where I meet a wizard.”  “It was fun drawing the pictures” said Harry.  We have written our own descriptions for characters, setting and things we steal in the story.  Bella said “I liked writing the description of a dragon”.

In maths we have been learning how to divide and multiply (Millie).  We have written our own number sentences and found remainders. (Nell).  We challenged ourselves when we had to solve maths problems (Thomas).

We had lots of fun in music playing instruments to make up our pieces of music.  We drew symbols to show which instruments were being played and to record when and how they were played.  We are learning how to write our own music.

We have been learning about Paul Klee who has made abstract pictures of a castle. (Zac, Arabella, Phoebe).  We chose hot and cold colours read to use in our own designs for next week.