Owls 2016-17

Owls Class Blog 9.12.16

This week we have been practising our performance of the Nutcracker.

I am a snowflake and I have to do the dance of the snowflakes. (Halle)

I am a fairy and I do some ballet dancing and then dance to Robbie Williams. (Elsie)

We are looking forward to performing to our mums and dads, nannies and grandads and friends next week.

Earlier in the week we watched a puppet show. It was the story of ‘Jack and the Beans Talk,’ by the Garlic Theatre Company

I liked the giant puppet and the singing beans. (Mia)

I liked the rod puppet of Jack and I liked how the beanstalk grew. (Pixie)

The beanstalk was covered with a copy of the story.

The lady had dipped the paper into some tea and coffee to make it look old. (Jayden)

Mrs Burt then set us a task of putting on our own puppet show for each other next week. We have had to think about the story we want to tell, how we can make the puppets, if we need any scenery and how to write a script. This should keep us busy for a while!

We have been making our own puppets and my group are going to be doing The Nutcracker. (Lenny)

I used a toilet roll to make my puppet. I made it into the shape of a pig and coloured it in pink. (Ellie-Mai)

We were thinking of the story of The 3 Billy Goats Gruff. We made the troll. I was in a group with Rhyley and Jayden and Harry T. (Harry C)

This afternoon is our Christmas Fayre so earlier in the week Lenny and Thomas’ mummies came in to help us make our Crafts to sell.

We used a big pine cone and some felt to make an owl. (Alfie)

Codey is really looking forward to his mummy taking him to see Santa.

Albie can’t wait to have lots of fun.