Class 1 – Dragonflies 2015-16

Dragonflies’ class blog Week ending 10th June 2016

We absolutely LOVE our new pirates topic. We had a fantastic day for our ‘stunning start’ dressing up as pirates and having a visit from a pirate man too. He told us all about maps, symbols, and directions.

“On the last day we had a bug ball to celebrate the old topic” Elsie said.

“We have been playing a superhero game all together” Alfie told us.

“We dressed up as a pirate. We had a fun day” Lucy said.

“I have been looking for caterpillars. It turned into a butterfly!” Harry C said.

“I have been looking for spiders” Robert told us.

Albie challenges himself to make 110 using numicon! He added lots and lots of numbers together and even wrote the number sentence to match! WOW!

“Me, Lenny, Halle, and Joshua made a pirate game. We made a boat and then me and Lenny went to get some food for the pirate ship. We went off and got some drinks. Halle ate tomato sauce!” Isobel.

Lots of children helped to create our amazing pirate ship. Charlie C chose to make a giant canon for our new pirate ship role play area.

“We made a pirate shop in the play house” Ruby said. “They sell pirate pizza!”

We have been walking the plank in the forest area. Some of us got gobbled up by sharks!

“I wrote a pirate story” Lucy told us. “Me too!” Said Olivia. Charlie C and Jack both challenged themselves to write about pirates too.

Vilte is new to the Dragonflies this week and has had a super week. “I have been looking at an atlas” she told us. Vilte has also been teaching us how to speak Lithuanian and showing us her fantastic danced moves!

Pixie chose to read a pirate information book. “I’m going to write pirate facts” she said.

What an amazing first week back! We love the new topic and can’t wait to learn all about pirates!