Class 1 – Dragonflies 2015-16

Dragonflies’ Class Blog Week ending 20th May 2016

You’ll never guess what appeared in our outdoor area this week…..

A cocoon!

We think a caterpillar had made it. The Hungry Caterpillar. We decided to write to the hungry caterpillar and let him know some healthy food choices to make- rather than scoffing all of the cakes and lollipops that he does!

We also have real caterpillars of our very own. We love watching them grow by looking closely using magnifying glasses. We even keep a diary of them too. “They have already got bigger as they have been eating” Thomas told us.

“I had the bestest week ever and I went on gold!” Olivia said excitedly. “…and I went on double silver!” Pixie told us.

We have had an amazing week. We have been writing stories and challenging ourselves so much to beat the record!

“I have been acting and listening to music” Harry C told us. “We had swords and shields and had Pirates of the Caribbean music on.”

Albie has been really challenging himself this week. He has been finding lots of ways to make ten, and can even remember them in his head too! “I wrote numbers to 100 all by myself” he also told us! Isobel is expert at numbers too!

Codey has been playing policeman and robbers. “It was a really good game because we all took it in turns so we all got a go” he explained. Miss Riddington was so proud of our fantastic turn-taking.

Ellie-Mai, Charlie C, Joshua, and Robert opened their own pizza shop this week. The pizzas are only £1 and Miss Riddington would highly recommend the cheese and tomato flavour. “We don’t do delivery yet” Joshua told us.

“I wrote the story of Jack and the Beanstalk!” Jayden told us. He is so proud of his story- and Miss Riddington is super proud too.

What a fantastic week of learning- SO many silvers, golds, and challenge stickers too! Amazing.