Class 1 – Dragonflies 2015-16

Dragonflies’ class blog Week beginning 30th November

We have had an amazing week this week… Especially as it is now our favourite month! We have spent the week decorating our classroom and have created a winter wonderland to play in too.

On Wednesday evening we came to school in our pyjamas and did lots of craft activities. We had hot chocolate and all snuggled together to a winter story too. It was lovely!

The children have also been choosing some fantastic learning this week.

“I was painting a Christmas tree and decorating it with glitter” Lexi said.

“I was colouring a gingerbread man” Pixie said.

“I have been having running races with Abigail, and Harry” Elsie told us.

Albie has been dressed up as an elf. “I have been making toys for Santa” he said. Lots of children have been making toys in our construction area, and then wrapping them up to give to each other as presents! Charlie C has loved playing elves too.

Codey “I made a card and wrapped it up in a present” he said.

We have also been improving our outdoor area. The mud kitchen is looking fantastic with lots of work tops to prepare food, and a table to sit at when dinner is ready!

Rhyley, Jayden, and Jack love the mud kitchen! Chloe does too!

Ellie-Mai “I was dressing up with Alfie and Chloe and Olivia”.

“I have been playing in the ice-gloo with Isabel and Alfie” Lenny told us. “I really like the puppets and the books and the seals and the penguins” he said.

Thomas worked with lots of children from both classes to decorate the tree, while Robert put up the lights.

“I was playing in winter wonderland with Rhyley” Jayden told us, “but it was too chilly…brrr!” he said.

We have had so much fun this week and can’t wait for another week of fun and learning in our pretty looking classroom!